Friday, May 20, 2011

OTTAWA

Hey Hey Hey,

So I just got home from a visit with the family in Ottawa. I had a great time and did a fair amount of painting.

I started working on a series of small acrylic panels I am planning on completing in the next few weeks. They're headed in a different direction then the rest of my work. Here's the first one:




I also did a little playing around with the poutine theme in acrylic, also on a much smaller scale than I usually work. These are both done in acrylic as well.




The larger piece I made while I was away branches into a different kind of close-up still life painting. I have been looking at a lot of works by Rosenquist and decided use his method of collaging images as a starting off point for the next group of paintings I will be working on. This is the painting I completed while I was away:


3ftx4ft, oil on canvas


detail

detail

detail

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment