Sunday, January 2, 2011

Repetition

Hello people..

The end of semester has come and gone and after a relaxing break, I am ready to get back into the studio and back to work! I am counting down the days...

The most recent series of paintings I have been working on have begun to focus more on repetition than patterning. I chose subject matter found within my immediate environment; that is to say images I am faced with on a daily basis.

This is some of the work..










I'm hoping to continue to explore this theme of repetition over the next few months, but paint on a much larger scale.



This piece is currently on display at an awesome clothing store located in downtown Halifax, 24/twenty eight. Not only do they stock some great brands, but they also support local artists! Make sure to check them out..
www.24twentyeight.com

Happy new year everybody!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment