Thursday, November 25, 2010

Advanced Painting Group Show @ The Port Loggia Gallery

Ok ready..? Post number two!





My advanced painting class held an amazing group show November 18th at the Port Loggia Gallery. The show was of only site-specific work. Specific that is to the NSCAD Port campus. The result was some really interesting and provocative work.

My piece focused on the wood paneling that can be found throughout the building, as well as the light and shadows that are projected on them. I decided to replicate the strong light cast on the panels by the pot lights above them. I tried to make a painting that wasn't obviously a painting. I wanted the viewer to really have to look for it. I installed blue tape throughout the space to help conceal the painting itself and the result was successful. Many people needed to walk through the space several times before they spotted the large four by six foot panel. Others missed it entirely.

Check it out!














Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment